A popular song tells us, “It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year.” That’s true – the Christmas season is wonderful. But not because of caroling or parties or even gifts.
- Have you heard the Christmas story so often that the wonder of it has faded?
- Do you gloss over the words in your Bible?
- Do you yawn as the pastor tells you the story one more time?
- Has consumerism encroached on the season yet again?
We know it is supposed to be different. We should be enthralled, not bored, with the greatest story ever told. What if, you could once again become fascinated with the familiar, find the wonder in Christmas all over again?
- Rediscover the wonder of Christmas
- Become fascinated with the familiar
- Let the Christmas story capture your heart anew
What will the day look like?
- Opening session of lament for the past year
- 4 sessions on 4 wondrous elements of the Christmas story
- Each session will begin with a worship song
- Times of discussion and reflection/journaling
- A break for lunch plus several short breaks throughout the day
Join me for a one-day virtual retreat, The Wonder of Christmas, on December 11th from 9:00 am - 4:00 pm. Cost is $47.